The FOURTH ANNUAL MASSACHUSETTS ATLATL FIELD DAY AND ISAC will be held September 23 and 24 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Rebecca Nurse Homestead in Danvers, Ma.
The event will feature atlatl throwing demonstrations open to all ages. Atlatl/dart building workshop by Bob Berg on both days. The Aztec Atlatl Battle Field Game will be featured both days. There will be three target ranges, distance range and ISAC both days.
Other featured items include:
Colonial Cooking & Handspinning in Nurse House
Artifact Displays – Refreshments Available
ENHA “Trails & Sails” Walk 11:00 AM Each Day
List of Participants:
• Bob and Cheryll Berg – Thunderbird Atlatl – Atlatl/Dart Sales – Atlatl/Dart Building Workshop
• “Trapper” John Enos – Arrow Building, Stone Knife Building, Flintknapping Workshops – Bow Sales
• Richard Parker – The Lithic Axe Factory – Hand Made Lithic Tools
• Scott Van Arsdale – Wasicun Stone Knives – Flintknapper and Knifemaker
• R. S. Peabody Museum of Archaeology at Phillips Andover – Donald Slater
• University of Southern Maine
• Franklin Pierce College
• Massachusetts Archaeological Society Northeast Chapter – Glenn Mairo
• Danvers Alarm List Co., Inc.
There will be flint knappers and lithic tool makers on site. Distance range. All held on the Rebecca Nurse Homestead grounds.
For further information contact Glenn Mairo by email or call at (978) 580-9437. Admission is free.
2 thoughts on “Atlatl Contests, Aztec Atlatl Battle and More in Massachusetts!”
What all is involved with organizing and implementing an atlatl throwing contest?
If you want to hold a an International Standard Accuracy Contest, you need to register with the World Atlatl Association. If you just want to hold contests, you can pretty much set up whatever way you want. There are a variety of atlatl games/contests that have been developed over the years and we would be happy to share ideas with you. Please give us a call at 800-836-4520 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org