The FOURTH ANNUAL MASSACHUSETTS ATLATL FIELD DAY AND ISAC will be held September 23 and 24 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Rebecca Nurse Homestead in Danvers, Ma.
The event will feature atlatl throwing demonstrations open to all ages. Atlatl/dart building workshop by Bob Berg on both days. The Aztec Atlatl Battle Field Game will be featured both days. There will be three target ranges, distance range and ISAC both days.
Other featured items include:
Colonial Cooking & Handspinning in Nurse House
Artifact Displays – Refreshments Available
ENHA “Trails & Sails” Walk 11:00 AM Each Day
List of Participants:
• Bob and Cheryll Berg – Thunderbird Atlatl – Atlatl/Dart Sales – Atlatl/Dart Building Workshop
• “Trapper” John Enos – Arrow Building, Stone Knife Building, Flintknapping Workshops – Bow Sales
• Richard Parker – The Lithic Axe Factory – Hand Made Lithic Tools
• Scott Van Arsdale – Wasicun Stone Knives – Flintknapper and Knifemaker
• R. S. Peabody Museum of Archaeology at Phillips Andover – Donald Slater
• University of Southern Maine
• Franklin Pierce College
• Massachusetts Archaeological Society Northeast Chapter – Glenn Mairo
• Danvers Alarm List Co., Inc.
There will be flint knappers and lithic tool makers on site. Distance range. All held on the Rebecca Nurse Homestead grounds.
For further information contact Glenn Mairo by email or call at (978) 580-9437. Admission is free.